Thursday, August 28, 2008

Calling All CARDS

Cardmaking! Its special because each card is one of a kind, some of them designed specifically FOR the recipient. Years ago when scrapbooking became popular, i swore i wouldnt get into it. There just seemed to be so much involved, so much to buy, etc. But after a while the scrapbooking bug bit me. Even more so, I realized that making cards is practically if not exactly like doing scrapbooking and I really became interested in that. For my moms 80th birthday I made her invitations with torn paper and jewels, rubberstamping and more. They read "youth is a gift of nature, old age is a work of art". I do lots of custom card orders in my etsy shop and really enjoy it. http://www.craftheart.etsy.com. I recently made a super girly, frilly card as a custom order and the inside read "what the F**k?" Seems the buyers friend was a prim and proper woman, but as the buyer tells me "she cusses like a sailor". I really enjoyed making that one!


I do still BUY some cards when I find some in a style that I dont make myself or one that just catches my eye so that i have to have it. I found this scarecrow card in jessis shop http://www.jessijewels.etsy.com/ and its simply amazing. Alot of work went into this one: rubberstamped and colored in with colored pencils and chalk. Its lovely. Browse around her shop. she also makes jewelry!




Somebunny loves you in snowys shop. http://www.snowy652.etsy.com/ This little bunny is super adorable and says it all. Snowy has pages and pages of scrapping items and cards in her shop. If you make cards, its the place for supplies. If you are looking for a special card, visit her and shop around. She has lots to choose from


4 comments:

jessijewels said...

Thanks so much craft! How very sweet of you to blog about my card. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of the frilly card with the "what the f**K written on the inside. Too funny! I know someone that a card like that would be perfect for too. LOL!

snowy652 said...

thanks so much for blogging about my card and my shop -- blessings on your sales my dear :-)

Silja Erg said...

Oh i love making greeting cards and so it's really nice to read what others do in this field :)