Saturday, September 20, 2008

Peaches can be the PITS

So, you know how sometimes just out of the blue, a childhood memory pops into your head. I was sitting at the computer the other day and thinking of my dad who passed away over 14 years ago, and recalled that when i was a child, in the summer, dad ate a lot of fruit, esp peaches. We'd wash the peach pits and scrape scrape scrape them on the sidewalk till both sides were flat. Dad would drill a big hole in the center and then i would glue on a pebble or bead for a stone. Voila a peach pit ring! I so wish I had kept one of those. Anyway, I looked around on etsy and found something close. Peach pit earrings! In tabmade's shop on etsy you can find lots of miscellaneous treasures. Browse around. Its quite a fun little place to look. Looking at these earrings remind me of those summer days with dad. Maybe a strange memory for some, but obviously OTHERS like peach pits cause there IS some jewelry out there. http://www.tabmade.etsy.com/



I figured I would stay on the theme of peaches as i browse around my second home, etsy. I found an awesome notecard made by Cynthia of http://www.cynthiavhehrlich.etsy.com/ Its beautifully done and she has lots of other "designs" in her shop. But not just notecards..............OMG, the hearts! You need to check them out. Everyone who knows me, knows that I am all about hearts, so I am def in there drooling.

Next, I think, well, lets not leave out the soap. Bath and beauty seems to be almost as big as jewelry on etsy. And, I do love the soaps. So, what can i find in peach??? I saw this in awomanwithscent's shop. http://www.awomanwithscents.etsy.com/ Not only is it peach, but its paired with pomegranate. This must smell heavenly!!!! Very pretty too. Take a look around her shop for some other wonderful bath items. I'm sure you'll find something you love.


Then, I come across something that is simply peach "colored" in Iryna's shop. http://www.iryna.etsy.com Peach delight neck warmer, buttoned all the way up!!!! Its cute, its frilly and it looks to be extremely well made (take that from a 30 year knitter/crocheter). In any case, its beautiful. She has loads of other awesome designs in her shop. Its getting cool in many parts of the country. Her shop might be just what the doctor ordered!!!



2 comments:

Lori said...

Thanks for mentioning me! What a nice memory. :D
I looove that neck warmer too!

The Stewart Stuff said...

I love the peach pit rings! My daughters read that in a book and they really want to try it. Better late than never!
-10oneworld