Friday, September 12, 2008

The Insanity of Today

Ok, so i usually blog about etsy and crafts and gift items and handmade things and cute shops and listings that i've found, but today was such an insanely crazy day, i've decided to come vent here.
First of all, i am sort of "off work today". We are closed, but I go in whatever time i like, just to get filing, insurance calls, paperwork stuff done usually.
Well, its not a typical day. i cant sleep in because my beloved cat Rajah (whom the vet says has cancer, but has so far been "beating it" for a year and a half) ends up with a lump on his neck. i freak out! I wake up early and haul poor Rajah to the vet. Bear in mind, he goes once a month to get checked, weighed and such and was just there last week, so hence, NOT a happy cat camper! On a good note, we did not have to wait long, and the lump was just a cyst. Home goes Rajah.
Next I am off to my moms to meet with her new home health care nurse. Her blood pressure was high (and i'm told to go buy her one of the small machines so she can monitor it twice a day). Her sugar is higher than she'd like (mom is freaking over it). They give her a new machine for that...........which means i have to cancel the service that sends her the supplies for her old machine. Dr wants to increase her meds and see her next week.
I call the dr only to find out he wont even be in the office half of next week, so the earliest we can get in is the week after next. Drs! i work for one, but will never understand them.
So, I'm going to the pharmacy to fill her scrips and buy the bp meter, but naturally mom cannot find the scrips........another freak out...........so i leave for McDonalds to buy a couple salads and regroup. i come back to the mailman flagging me down cause my moms "community mailbox" is too full to fit anything else in. (she cant get to the box on her own, and i havent checked it in a while)
Mom FOUND the scrips, so off i go. I stop at the bank, and the dollar store for a fudge round. i mean come on, it was either that or a straight jacket! This of course is the time my therapist calls to reschedule me and the lady monitoring my old retirement fund calls to go over some questions i had. UGH!
The pharmacy doesnt have the meter i need, so i am off to another one. thank goodness they have it there.
Now finally i can head in to work. I'm not there long, am on the phone verifying insurances and theres a banging at the front door.........who is there? Crazy Jill from two doors down. She is standing there in a black dress, no shoes, and the tag hanging from the dress. We work next to a small botique, and she was in trying on clothes and wanted my opinion. So i go down and watch the clothes trying on. She was going to give me what was left of her dozen donuts she bought this morning...........well even tho she took a bite out of each one! LOL...........ah, she doesnt have cooties, but i still pass.
Back to work, and the phone and my cell is ringing at the same time of course. My husband is trying to track me down because the pharmacey is calling about my moms meds. ok NOW i call the pharmacy............they are out of one of the meds till tuesday. Well of course they are! She has enough till then, so ok problem solved.
I finish work, forward the phone and make the mistake of trying to destress by browsing in the botique. I see a cute dress my daughter might like for her big date tonight, but dont want to take the chance. I call to see if she'll come up and try it on. Of course it takes her over 20 mins to get there and then it doesnt fit. OH MAN! So off we go. She comes home, I stop to pick up the meds for mom.
Get home, give the cat his pills, feed him and then go to call the home health nurse to double check on the meds, but naturally the number she gave me is a fax! I'm more than half nuts by now!
So, with all that venting done, I think I will finally eat some dinner, browse some etsy and probably crochet!!!!! Cause tomorrow is another day.

No comments: